JFK Main Page
Jean recalled being "..too stunned to move, so I didn't get
I just stood there and gawked around."
Jean Hill - The Lady in Red
Peter R. Whitmey Biography
- Born in Brighton, England, in 1945
- Immigrated to Ontario, Canada, in 1951
- Immigrated to Seattle in 1960 (Dad went to Boeing from AVRO)
- Graduated from Sammamish High School in 1962 (second graduating class). In 2012, I attended the 50th anniversary with a former student from Mt. Vernon, WA, which was a blast. More than 100 graduates attended in Bellevue, WA.
- Graduated from the University of Washington 1967 with a B.A. in
Economics and History (had to get approval from draft board to go extra
three quarters...told them in response to question that I was planning to
join U.S. Army (a fib)
- Went to England for three months in March, 1967. Attended Expo
'67 upon return and short trip to Oakville (where I previously lived - home of
- Moved to Vancouver and worked briefly as a probation officer and
stock broker; attended Simon Fraser University in 1968 for teacher's
certificate; became high school teacher in 1969; taught until early 1990s at
highschool and college level (business education, social studies, English
- Married in 1970, divorced in 1987, three sons (James - b. 1972, David - b. 1974, and Michael - b.
1977), none of whom will admit to being interested in the JFK assassination, although David came to see
"JFK" with me and later an Oliver Stone lecture in Vancouver. James once bought me a book on the subject.
Michael periodically reminds me that Kennedy is dead.
- Always followed subject - but not intently - until 1986, when I
read BEST EVIDENCE, which blew my mind (although I don't entirely buy
Lifton's theory). Began writing after sending a short piece on PJM to
Michael Eddowes, who "commissioned" me to write a lengthy report on
Priscilla for a book he was supposedly working on at age 86. Mailed it to
him, but it was returned months later as the address was slightly wrong
(someone had tried to open it)...
- Learned about TTD from Paul Hoch and sent it to Jerry, who
suggested revising it, which resulted in, "Did Oswald Come Back?" and
"Priscilla and Lee - Parts 1,2, and 3."
- First article published was about the Winnipeg Airport Incident ...
I have written 21 articles for TTD/TFD, plus several for other
- I have attended seven conferences (Fredonia,
NY in 1991 and 1996; Dallas in 1991, Chicago in 1992
and 1993, Sudbury, Ontario in 1993, and Minneapolis in
1999) and one debate (U.W. in Seattle 1994). I have
been interviewed by CBC-TV in Winnipeg for local news
program via satellite (Nov. 1993), by Calgary radio
station (Nov. 1993) by phone, by Abbotsford radio talk
show (Nov. 1993), by Chilliwack, BC talk show (1995)
and by local cable station twice (1992 and 1993). Was
also profiled in local paper in Jan. 1992 and in
VANCOUVER SUN in 1998 (poor job resulting in letter to
editor by me which they published).
- Interviewed Perry R. Russo in 1990-91 by
mailing him a series of questions (three times, which he
answered on audio tape with a girlfriend reading my
questions); gave presentation on my contact with Perry
at 1996 Fredonia conference, featuring excerpt from
interview(s); provided copy of tapes to Perry's brother, who
is a professor of engineering in New Orleans, at his
request, which he greatly appreciated (he has always
believed Perry's "conspiracy talk" allegations, by the way).
- Interviewed Jean Aase in Minneapolis in May,
1997 (who went to Dallas with Chicago businessman
Lawrence Meyers, a good friend of Ruby's);
interview set up in conjunction with author Anthony
Summers, but was hampered by presence of Jean's
lawyer, which produced mixed results.
- Ongoing contact with Curtis Craford (aka Larry
Crafard), former handyman at Carousel Club, whose
interview with W.C. was over 200 pages long and lasted
three days; my contact was referred to in TIME article
by journalist/author Ron Rosenbaum in Jan. 1992
(republished in JFK: THE BOOK OF THE FILM).
ADDENDUM - November, 2019 - Earlier this year, I was contacted by NYC author Russ Baker (FAMILY OF SECRETS), about the Bush family's extensive connections to the CIA. He is writing a book on JFK's assassination, and interviewed me in regard to my contact with the late Curtis Craford, aka "Larry Crafard." I look forward to reading his book.
Sad to report, but my youngest son, Michael Joseph Whitmey, was killed on March 18, 2019, when his Tesla crashed into a tree. He was the owner of Fraser Valley Wireless, a very successful cell phone company, with 20 Rogers stores. Mike coached his 15 year-old son, Kaden, in both hockey and baseball, and was close to his 11-year-old daughter, Kate, and his ex-wife, Chaelee. He will be greatly missed by his family and his many friends.
The Lady in Red
Correspondence with Aline Mosby
Did LHO Come Back?
Partial Bibliography of Peter Whitmey
JFK Main Page